They reaped what they sowed. The 4th CSR Guild Awards which was organized by the League of Corporate Foundations (LCF) had recently recognized eight corporate foundations for developing outstanding CSR projects that created a positive impact on the communities they serve.
After a rigorous nomination, screening, and judging process by a panel of judges, eight awards were bestowed under two major categories: seven Program awards (Arts & Culture, Enterprise Development, Environment, Education, Health, Financial Inclusion, and Disaster Resilience); and one Collaboration Awards that showcased initiatives organized by two or more LCF members or partnerships.
The winners are:
- Telus International Philippines Foundation for Oustanding CSR Project in Arts and Culture for their Art Weave: Artistic Textile Manipulation through Traditional Weaving Techniques program;
- Aboitiz Foundation for Outstanding CSR Project in Disaster Resilience for their Project Banca;
- Energy Development Corporation for Outstanding CSR Project in Education for their Honing nation-builders through KEITECHS’s values-based technical-vocational education program;
- Knowledge Channel Foundation for Outstanding CSR Project in Environment for their EcoProject: Kilos Kabataan para sa Kapaligiran;
- Pilipinas Shell Foundation for Outstanding CSR Project in Enterprise Development for their Palawan Eco Agro Park (PEAP) El Nido Food Terminal Project;
- BDO Foundation for Outstanding CSR Project in Financial Inclusion for their Fish N’ Learn: Securing the financial future of the Filipino Fishers program;
- Pfizer Philippines Foundation and Outstanding CSR Project in Health for their Pfizer Medical Drone Project: Last mile health service delivery; and
- Manila Water Foundation and One Meralco Foundation for Outstanding CSR Collaboration Project for their Light Up to WASHup! Beaming Forces for Good in the IPO Watershed.
The CSR Guild Awards is an annual recognition of outstanding CSR programs, collaborations, and other initiatives that have achieved sustainable impact upon the communities and institutions served.
The 4th CSR Guild Awards also showcased the participation of Hon. Rex Gatchalian, Secretary, Department of Social Welfare and Development, who delivered the keynote address; and H.E. Juha Markus Pyykkö, Ambassador of Finland to the Philippines, who spoke during the closing ceremony.
The CSR Guild Awards is part of the recently held 2023 CSR Expo, which also coincided with the nationwide commemoration of National CSR Week, of which LCF is the lead.
The Expo was presented by LCF and co-presented by Pilipinas Shell Foundation. It is also brought to you by Aboitiz Foundation, BPI Foundation, Coca-Cola Foundation Philippines, SM Foundation, Henry Sy Foundation, and Felicidad T. Sy Foundation, and Vivant Foundation.