The Filipino Chinese Community Calamity Fund (FCCCF) has recently sent thousands of relief packs to typhoon victims of Bicol region, especially to Albay and Catanduanes.
Officials of 11 major Filipino Chinese business, civic and other organizations behind FCCCF led by Federation of Filipino Chinese Chambers of Commerce & Industry, Inc. (FFCCCII) President Dr. Henry Lim Bon Liong, Federation of Filipino Chinese Associations of the Philippines President Yang Hua Hong, Overseas Chinese Alumni Association of the Philippines President Anson Tan and others turned over thousands of food relief bags for Catanduanes typhoon victims to partners GMA Kapuso Foundation led by EVP and Chief Operating Officer Rikki Escudero-Catibog and the Philippine Coast Guard led by Commodore Armand Balilo.
An earlier batch of food relief packs was dispatched to typhoon victims of Albay province in coordination with FFCCCII Board member for Bicol region Antonio S. Tan. The late philanthropist and FFCCCII Honorary President Dr. Robin C. Sy grew up in Oas, Albay.
During this community quarantine, the 11 organizations of Filipino Chinese Community Calamity Fund (FCCCF) raised P300 million pesos to give free rice sacks, surgical and N95 face masks, PPE suits, surgical gloves, safety goggles, alcohol, thermal scanners, ventilators, Vitamin C, Hapee toothpastes, and other items to more than 600 barangays, 300 hospitals, provinces, cities and municipalities in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Among the partners of FCCCF were GMA Kapuso Foundation and ABS CBN for distribution of food relief packs to urban poor families of Metro Manila in lockdown.
The Filipino Chinese Community Calamity Fund relief drive is spearheaded by
- FFCCCII Foundation
- Federation of Filipino Chinese Associations of the Philippines
- Philippine Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc.
- Overseas Chinese Alumni Association of the Philippines
- Filipino-Chinese Amity Club
- World News Daily; Filipino-Chinese Shin Lian Association, Inc.
- Overseas Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Philippines, Inc.
- Philippine Soong Ching Ling Foundation
- Philippine Jin Jiang Shen Fu Zhen Association, Inc.
- World Fujian Youth Federation of the Philippines, Inc.